Biker Scout knee armour

This is my sculpt for the Biker Scout knees, I have made plenty of return edge for the rivets, test pulls,

IMG00795-20120520-1315.jpg

IMG00794-20120520-1315.jpg

IMG00799-20120520-1326.jpg

IMG00798-20120520-1326.jpg

It still needs a few tweaks, I am at the crazy stage of looking at knees.

• Like 1

I'd like to see how your pull compares to some of the other knee armour out there.

Looks really good!

One issue I have with the knee armor (all kinds not yours) is that it seems to be designed for bent legs, such as when riding a speeder bike. But it isn't that great to wear when you're standing up, which is what I mostly do in my costume. I'm just wondering if the extra return edge on your knee armor makes this even worse?

Guest Penn Chemist

Have you actually wore them yet John? Alex makes a good point, return edge is major and makes and overall great look, but is it practical for actually wearing? Anything to say of that regard?

One word is SHARP! Man, they look great. Really nice sharp edges, just great definition. Really quite amazing I think. Look great!

One issue I have with the knee armor (all kinds not yours) is that it seems to be designed for bent legs, such as when riding a speeder bike. But it isn't that great to wear when you're standing up, which is what I mostly do in my costume. I'm just wondering if the extra return edge on your knee armor makes this even worse?

If you pad the inside of the knee, the return edges won't make a difference. If you check out my thread HERE, I've found some cool padding to use that's comfy and looks good.

Also, if you sew some velcro to the front of your knee and stick some in the kneepad, you don't need the elastic to be so tight. That also makes it more comfortable to wear.

They just sit on the top and botton curved edges, the rest of the knee plate "floats" over my knee, it is comfortable and there is a bit of air around my knee.

The extra space actually helps with bending my knee as it is not dragging over the suit, which will hopefully stop any costume fixes whilst trooping. I don't want to add velcro just yet.

I thought about padding but don't think the original guys had any so I can't add it.